Thursday, January 22, 2009

Romy Pritchard





Romy Pritchard, also new to the crawl, has started a Metis cultural organization in Victoria. Her thoughts are posted below.

Romy Pritchard, Red River Metis. My grandfather moved my family from North Battleford in the mid 1950's to Victoria where I still reside. I am the Vice President of our Metis Nation of Greater Victoria. I have always done art. In the last decade I have started to show my work and participating in several collective art shows. I work in all media and have been most noted for my raku work, clay sculpture, and mixed media work. Currently I have focused on learning more of Metis traditional bead work and incorporating these concepts into other media. I can be reached through my business, Connecting Cultures' website www.healthandsocialdevelopment.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment